Wednesday, December 19, 2012

2012 Recap

It was a very, very big year filled with so many wonderful memories! Some highlights:

#1 GETTING MARRIED TO MY BOO! Clearly the biggest and best thing that happened this year was tying the knot to my love of 10 years. Couldn't have imagined a better day and honeymoon. The showers, bachelorette party, girl's dinner and rehearsal dinner were absolutely wonderful too! Truly a fabulous celebration! So grateful for everyone's love and support during the whole engagement and wedding day.

#2 Ireland! Got to take an amazing trip with my mom all round Ireland! So many adventures and special memories! We went to Glendalough, Kilkenny, Cork, Limerick, Nenagh, Galway and hung with Ness and Kate in Dublin.

#3 Small Trips! Rob and I did an overnight in Saugatuk in the winter, Hunky Dory this summer, Wandawega in the fall, overnight in Grand Rapids for Beer Fest, a weekend at the Chalet, Urbana overnight and I had work trips to D.C., Denver, Atlanta, St. Louis and Orlando.

#4 BEST BIRTHDAY EVER Rob rented out a dive bar party room for my 28th birthday and we did it up dancing to all of my favorite old hip hop songs. It was very ridiculous, but so fun! Rob also took me to see Steve Martin at Ravinia. My girlfriends went to see Magic Mike with me and brought cupcakes and mimosas to enjoy during the flick - they're the best! I also got to grab dinner with my family in Greek Town. Truly, the best birthday yet.

#5 Weddings & Engagements We attended 1 wedding last winter, 2 this summer, 2 this fall, Rob had one while I was in Ireland and we have one next weekend. They have all been so different and great reflections of each couple. Several friends have recently gotten engaged too! So much love all around us!

#6 SERVICE I was able to go on my first Service Immersion Trip to Bladensburg, MD and stay with the Daughters of Charity and do a variety of different types of service with students. It was one of the most challenging things I've ever done and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to do it again this year. I've tried out several new volunteer projects through Chicago Cares this year and have added more service projects to our alumni calendar.

MISCELLANEOUS Lots of bulls games
Lots of new recipes
Lots of fitness
Lots of summer festivals (Mole, Maifest, Ribfest, Wells Street Art, Pitchfork, Oyster Fest, Retro on Roscoe)
Some foster kitties
We gained a beautiful niece, Sofie!
Weird stuff: race kart driving, turtle races, terrarium class, stay smooth roller skating party, snoop dog and bruce.

Such a great year filled with wonderful memories and special occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment