Monday, September 26, 2011

Cali Trip!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to escape to sunny Foster City to visit my future sister-in-law her hubby and son. I hadn't been out there since spring of '10 so I was due for a visit. I flew in late on Friday night and got to catch up with Amy and Tom since Luke was fast asleep when I got there. The next day I got to play with Luke and enjoy all his new tricks. The last time I saw him was in July and he's such a different, more grown up tot now! I ran by the canal before we headed over to Filoli, a gorgeous botanic garden they're a member of. That night we went over to Tom's parents' house for a traditional Czech dinner. We had schnitzel, boiled potatoes and a pork meatloaf. It was all to die for! She also had these local ice cream sandwiches that were killer. I was so full! The next day we went for a walk in the Redwoods, which Luke wasn't really feeling so we sort of just sat and soaked it all in. Then we got some awesome pizza and watched the Emmy's. I was skeptical about California's ability to do 'za properly but I was pleasantly surprised. My last day we went to the park and I got to meet one of Amy's friends and Luke's best bud. It was really warm and it was nice to soak in the rays before heading to the airport. I had such a great time catching up with Amy and Tom, hearing Luke call me Gen Gen and enjoying the gorgeous weather. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go next so I'm glad we got a nice quality catch up this time. Can't wait to see them in Chicago in a few short weeks! I'm sure Luke will already have many more tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment