Monday, November 14, 2011

freedom!

i finished all 3 of my comprehensive exams and this is my last week of classes - EVER! feels so fabulous, words cannot even describe how great it feels to have my brain and free time back! i still have a couple of papers due but no more reading and no more studying. i don't even know what to do with myself! i spent most of the weekend on the couch watching tv and movies, reading wedding magazines but i also went grocery shopping a lot and filled up our pantry, fridge and freezer with all sorts of fabulous items and cooked real meals for the first time in ages. that's been the best part! rob and i even ate dinner at the dining room table last night, i don't believe that ever happened before. i can't remember the last time that i was able to lounge in front of the television for so long without a worry in my mind or guilty feeling that i should be studying. it'll be even crazier next week when i'm done with classes!

last week i was complaining to rob that grad school was a waste of time and that i couldn't believe i invested so much time and money. now that it's basically done, i don't feel so ridiculous. i finished a video project that i feel very proud of, i keep finding ways to incorporate my grad school knowledge into work and i've met some really great people. i'm so glad i'm done but i'm glad that i did it even though i complained alot along the way. my friends and family have been super supportive, but rob takes the cake! the past few years he's been nothing short of amazing. he always would make sure i had whatever i needed, cooked me dinners, listened to me read papers and offered tons of moral support. i couldn't have done it without him and i'm so grateful i had his support!

No comments:

Post a Comment