Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Goals

i take my resolutions pretty seriously but this year i came up with goals rather than resolutions and i have a lot of them. i'm writing them down because i know that increases the likelihood of me actually achieving them. last year my resolutions were to allow more me time and to be more spontaneous. i think i was a bit more spontaneous and definitely allowed more time for myself.

1. Scrapbook. I used to do this a lot before I started grad school and I love looking through all of the ones I've made. I'm going to work on my France trip next and possible a 2011 one.

2. Draw. In college art was a huge part of my life. I was constantly inspired and loved drawing. I haven't drawn in a really long time and I miss it! I bought a new kneaded eraser and some charcoal before Christmas. Now I just need to be inspired!

3. Exercise 4-5 times a week. I will never ever exercise on the weekends. I just know it so I can only shoot for working out during the work week. I'm usually pretty good about getting to the gym 3-4 times a week but I'm going to make 4 my minimum goal this year.

4. Try new recipes. I've slowly become more adventurous in the kitchen and I hope to keep it up. Rob and I have a tendency to just heat stuff up and not actually cook so i really want to try new recipes and create some new staples for our diets.

5. Take more pictures. I have really been slacking on this lately. Considering how much I love looking at old pictures, I should really try to take more of them!

6. Work on my finances. This is always a resolution. Now that school is done I should really be able to save a lot more for the wedding.

7. Spend more time in the suburbs with family & friends. Now that I don't have class during the week I have a lot more free time which I plan to take advantage of - especially to make trips down to the suburbs.

8. Patience. It's not my strong suit - a work in progress always.

9. Organize. I love organizing but our apartment is not the most organized place at the moment.

10. Try to be a better listener & interrupt less. Total culprit of interrupting!

No comments:

Post a Comment