Friday, January 13, 2012

Saugatuck Getaway

For graduation, Rob got me us an overnight in Saugatuck at a B&B. It was such a nice treat and I've been looking forward to it for a long time. When we booked it I assumed it would be snowy and that we could do snowy activities like snow shoeing or cross country skiing but there was no snow so we just had to go with the flow! We stopped for lunch at Crane's Pie Company and it was not only adorable but super delic. I had a turkey burger and Rob had a burger with grilled apple. For dessert Rob had apple pie and I had cherry. It was so yummie and I'm really glad we found the place! Then we made our way to the B&B which was pretty much completely empty except for a few couples. We checked in and rested for a bit and then took off to enjoy the downtown area. We did some wine tasting (Rob bought his first bottle of wine - I always am the wine drinker), bought some Michigan craft beers, some peanut butter fudge and then we went to a coffee shop so I could read the Hunger Games which I couldn't put down the whole weekend and Rob could catch up on email. We went for an early dinner at Phil's which is the top rated spot in downtown Saug. Rob got the Lake Perch and I got broasted chicken which I thought would be sort of healthy - turns out broasted basically means fried. I barely put a dent in half but it made for a great lunch the next day. After dinner we went back to our empty b&b and took advantage of the big screen tv in the common room to watch the Bulls game. We watched 3 bball games in a row before retiring to our room. The next day we enjoyed a very tasty breakfast and enjoyed views of Kalamazoo Lake. We originally planned to stick around for awhile but we decided to hit the road right away and make our way to St. Joe's. Unfortunately nothing was open since it's winter and it was a Sunday so the only stop we made was to Jimmy John's so I could get a diet coke and use the bathroom. Sad! We got back in the car and made our way to Michigan City so I could do some shopping at the outlet mall. I really lucked out and got 2 new pairs of work pants, 1 pair of workout pants, my favorite lotion from bath & body and a new dress. When we got back to the city we made a quick trip to the grocery store and when we got home I decided to tackle my clothes and do a new year's purge. I am really proud of myself for filling 2 garbage bags and getting Rob to part with some items too. I also organized our medicine cabinet & our entire bedroom closet. Everything is organized much better now and it's a great way to start the year. It was a great way for me to end a lovely weekend. I'm so glad Rob and I had the chance to have so much quality time together after such a busy time of my life came to a close. The rest of the month is going to be very busy so I'm glad we were able to squeeze in some relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment