Monday, August 20, 2012

Our first shower!

My Aunt Anne, Aunt Joan and my mom thew us a beautiful shower last weekend! They selected a Francesca's in Bolingbrook that had a really pretty area in the center of their restaurant. My DePaul girlfriends and coworkers, family and family friends attended. They put together very cute arrangements on the table with bright gerber daisies in bud vases and everyone had a cute favor box with a lotto ticket and lucky penny on a card that said Rob and Jen are lucky in love, how lucky are you? and a bunch of candy with custom wrappers that my mom made. So sweet! Lunch was really delicious - they did a great job selecting the menu. We had a yummie salad with bleu cheese, chicken with spinach and potato and ricotta gnocchi. Our favorite part was the pasta. We had cream puffs for dessert too. It was nice to sit with my cousins, aunts and our moms to catch up while we ate. After we ate we started opening gifts - there were A LOT. Everyone was SO generous - we couldn't believe it. We had a really good time opening everything and seeing who picked out what. We are so well stocked now to host parties and holidays! My mom and aunt Anne even found a retro warming tray on eBay - I've wanted one forever! My boss let her two awesome kids pick out gifts on their own and Ryen picked out this adorable photo album set and her little boy, Logan picked out the banana hanger! I really didn't think anyone would get it so I was very excited that it was purchased. We've been using it ever since. Half way through gifts we had everyone do a fill in the blank game about me and Rob. We gave a prize for most accurate and most ridiculous. My coworkers won most accurate! and my mom's friends and my friends won for most ridiculous. It was really fun to hear what people came up with. We left feeling overwhelmed with gratitude, excitement and love for everyone! We are so lucky to have been showered with so much love and now our house feels more like a home. Can't wait for our second shower in a few weeks hosted by Amy and Mrs. J!

No comments:

Post a Comment