Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If I had a day off...

Lately I have been working nonstop like most of my colleagues because it is such a busy time of year for us in Alumni Relations. I will range 1-4 events per week until June so there is not much down time on my calendar. With free time so sparse - I was thinking about what I would do if I had some. Here's a top 10 list of how I'd spend a day off: 10. Working on our wedding video and album. Pretty low on my priority list these days... 9. Go to the Art Institute because my membership expires soon! 8. Cook a real meal. Lots of "event food" dinners these days - cheese & crackers, bruschetta...doesn't cut it! 7. Do something spontaneous - even just an impromptu drink with a friend that can be impromptu with me 6. Drive to Michigan for the day to enjoy my favorite things in my favorite weather 5. Normal life things like get a hair cut, go grocery shopping, get a mani/pedi, clean our apartment. Sad but there is absolutely no time for any of this! 4. Volunteer more. I haven't been able to give back nearly as much as I'd like due to my busy schedule 3. Go to the zoo because our membership expires soon and it's my favorite place. 2. Go on a date with my man! 1. NOTHING AT ALL. Lounge and nap and veg. All seems pretty reasonable - hopefully I can actually do some of it someday soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment