Monday, December 15, 2014

'Tis the Season

This holiday season has been great! I feel like we've been doing a ton to get in the spirit. It all started with Thanksgiving. I got to enjoy a Friendsgiving at Ryann's new apartment, have a Thanksgiving lunch and craft session with Connie, volunteer on Thanksgiving morning with Rob and Chicago Cares at a Senior Residence and celebrate with my family at my cousin Kate's in the city. The Christmas season lasts a little longer so we get to celebrate even more! I've been super on top of Christmas shopping and even wrapping. The best part of the season has been doing fun activities with loved ones. I got to take Connie to an amazing Chicago Park District Holiday event where they had crafts, press on tats, Santa, electric trains, ornament decorating, reindeer and cocoa. We loved it! Rob and I bought our tree and decorated our apartment and sent out some festive holiday cards. I exchanged gifts and went out for a movie with Lydia. Nicole hosted our annual cookie exchange at her beautiful condo. Mary, Shalva and I went to Christmas at DePaul. Mom hosted us for our holiday ham & cheese toasties and game night. Rob and I went with Stef, Jeff and Taylor to Brookfield Zoo's Holiday Magic on a fairly warm night. We still have Rob's holiday party, I have Mary's holiday party, I have holiday bingo with my seniors, Lincoln Park Zoo Lights with Tara, Christmas Eve workouts at PSF before spending the holidays with my fam, New Year's Eve date with my man, Hangover brunch with my DePaul girls and a late holiday dinner with my fam and Aunt Joan. We're so lucky to get to spend the holidays with family and friends. I'm so grateful that my holiday is full of cheer, love and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment