Monday, May 17, 2010

love your body day.

so love your body day (http://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org/) isn't actually until october 21 but i'm happy to report i'm loving my bod today! i have gotten into a pretty serious kick of working out lately. more than i ever have before and the most challenging work outs i've probably ever done - and i love it! i take a lot of different fitness classes and i think that's what has done made the difference. my legs have trimmed down a little, lost some of my love handles, some chub in my face and overall ive shed about 5lbs. and that makes me happy and gives me a sense of accomplishment. i tried spinning for the first time last week and did my best to keep up and i also did a muscle work class and felt so much stronger than i did the last time i took the class. not only are the work outs showing results, they also make me more relaxed. if i'm not in a class, i'm just on an eliptical or ski machine watching grey's anatomy or say yes to the dress. what's better than that??

it's always a work in progress - no girl will ever be 100% happy with their bod but i'm happy with what i've accomplished right now.

now my eating habits are another story...i just love food so much and it's really hard for me to live with any strict diet. i pretty much just try to be healthy when i can but don't forbid myself from enjoying things like hot dogs at the cubs game or trying out new restaurants. i mean you only live once and i can't imagine living it without occasional junk food and beer :).

sorry if this post is a bit obnoxious but i don't think there's anything wrong with being happy with how you look every once and awhile! if youre a bit down on how you look or not 100% happy, pick your favorite thing about your bod and embrace it!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! You totally didn't need to lose weight, but if you can work out, still enjoy good food, and lose a couple pounds, I'm jealous! Can't wait to see you in a few days!!

    ReplyDelete